Friday, July 15, 2005

The deal

Here is the deal I'm making with myself - if I can save $300 dollars in the next 2-3 months (new money, not from current savings), I'll buy myself a computer case, motherboard, and processor. I've already got a cheap (but large) harddrive and a cheap video card, but both are installed on a computer that I don't own - it is owned by the company I'm contracting with.

If this works out, I'll have a computer for my room (might be able to borrow a monitor, I think). I should also be able to grab a wireless card on the cheap to connect to the frighteningly well-protected office network (I should know, I admin it).

Are there better things I could spend it on or save up for? I'm sure. But I'm also sure that, whatever the future holds, it will involve me and a computer. And this looks like a good way to get one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home