Sunday, November 06, 2005

Battlefield Band at Caltech

I went to see this Scottish music group this weekend. Downtown LA Saturday night traffic was wild, but it was the fastest way to get to Pasadena and it was well worth it (mental note: I need to do a rant sometime about driving). The music was great and it was fun to get to see the Caltech campus (even though it was in the dark).

This is the first time I've done anything like this since moving to LA, and that is a shame. There are so many cool things going on around here that I never seem to get both the time and the inclination to do. I hardly ever go to the free and convenient LA Future Salon monthly meetings up at UCLA, for example. Of course, that is sometimes because the topics are really, really bad. But that is often a very week excuse, because more than half of most meetings have nothing to do with the featured topic and speaker.

Yeah, anyway. I got the extra push with this event because my friend (and former co-worker) Todd pushed me to go and then paid for my ticket (thanks again, Todd!). They are one of his favorite groups and I think he really wanted to share the experience. And I'’m glad he did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home